Sunday, November 10, 2013

It's Back Again . . .

At the advice of my doctor, I've been on a gluten/sugar free diet to see if these substances affect my depression. Depression lifted after 3 days on this diet and lasted for 1 month. Then I crashed. Doc suggests increasing my intake of fruits and veggies for the phytonutrients but it's nearly impossible to eat well when depressed. I really lost it the other day eating ice cream and potato chips. But I'm trying to stay with the diet as best I can. Doc says even if diet doesn't help depression, my body will be healthier. I missed 2 nights of tutoring because I couldn't function. I've done nothing more than sleep the past few days. I am totally affected by lack of sun and the coming winter will certainly be a challenge. I try not to absorb the pain of others but I don't have much of a shield. This makes my struggle even more difficult. If anyone reads my writing, I hope it helps you understand this illness, especially if you suffer yourself or have a loved one who does.

No comments:

Post a Comment